Sunday 18 September 2011

Lucys Highlights






Lucy Highlights!

Seeing as I havnt done a blog entry for such a long time, I thought I would have a quick chat about what we are up to now and then list my highlights of the trip since my last entry! There will be pics and I do apologize if Simon has already previously put any of them up!

So at the moment we are in Carisolo, Italy where we have ended our mini road trip with the rents. Simons Nonni live here so we have come to visit and we absolutely love it here! We have been doing tons of hiking in the mountains, it is a truly beautiful area! Simon and Dad went on a very long hike today, they left at 6am from the flat in Carisolo at 800m with the intention of reaching the Cima Presanella at 3382m and back round to their starting point in a day. Wouldve loved to go aswell but they go too fast for me! Didn’t want to slow them down so will have to join them another time once I’m faster! So I did my first ever solo ascent of a peak today (well solo plus Tala!) called the Cima Lancia at 2318m also leaving from Carisolo which took me 3 hrs up and 2 hrs down. Not bad for an ameatuer! I will admit I was kinda scared to do it as I have never gone into the mountains on my own before, but am so glad I did go, doing things that scare you really makes u feel alive! And I am still alive, so all good! Haha  Cima Lancia is quite a religious hike I believe, there is a huge cross to mark the summit, some poor guy had to carry that up there at some point! Fair play to him :P Unfortuantely visibility was totally zero at the top!! Although I did get a couple of pics just to prove I did make it! As Tala can’t vouch for me!




Me & Tala at the Summit



So my highlights since my last blog entry, my top 3!

Number 1 - Rodellar!

Defiantly my favourite place so far! Really really beautiful place and the climbing is so much fun! Complete opposite to climbing in the UK really steep lots of big holds! We also had a great little community going on there, met some amazing people and had a lot of fun, on my birthday we all went down to the river and set up a slackline over it which was awesome! I also did my favourite climb so far in Rodellar, it was a 6c+ which started up tufas then had a technical but not too crimpy section then a huge juggy roof! What more could you ask for?! Most fun route ever!



‘Team Rodellar’ Left to right – Ayla (Germany), Me, Mel (Australia), David (Germany), Alex (Sheffield UK), Mark (Also up North! UK), Emmol (Australia) and Simon



  Down by the river on my birthday!

And a couple of pics of me on the 6c+!


 
 
 



Number 2 - Ceuse

Some brilliant climbing at this crag, there is an epic walk in whenever you go to climb but I found this got me much fitter so started enjoying that as well as the climbing! Did my first 7a there which is the hardest grade I have climbed so was really happy about that, I think it was the being fitter from the walk that helped so am trying to keep up my cardio now! Met some really awesome people there so had a good community going on again, stayed here a month and we were destroyed by the end of it!! Good times 
  View of the crag from petit Ceuse!


Me hanging out with Klass & Mich from Belgium
 
Jonathan from The Lake District & Simon…..being……funny?
 

Me & Ania, she is originally from Poland but has been living in Turkey for a long time. Ania is traveling alone with just her backpack, hitching rides and camping wherever she can next to the crag. We originally met her in Siurana, then Margaleff, then Rodellar and then Ceuse! She is so commited when she climbs and has such a positive outlook on life, a real inspiration to me, totally love her!!!

Number Three – Magic Wood

Hadnt been bouldering since we went to Albarracin in February but then spent 2 weeks bouldering here. The rock is totally amazing and has some amazing boulder problems. I did my hardest boulder problems yet and Simon was also doing moves that he defiantly wouldn’t have been able to do at the start of our trip! We saw our friends from Bristol here which was really nice and just generally had a great time! It was perfect for summer as nice and cool amongst the trees and had a glacier river running through the middle of it that u could jump into if u did get 2 hot, very fresh!

Me Bouldering!



Simon Bouldering!





Me in the river with doggy!







Oh and almost forgot! Tala’s Vaccinations have all cleared now, her passport is fully filled out ready for her to enter the UK.  Cannot wait for you all to meet her! Much love from me Simon & Tala




No comments:

Post a Comment