Thursday 20 January 2011

My First Post!

Hey everyone!

Sorry nothing from me so far, simon has been keeping a diary which he has put up but im pretty rubbish with that kinda thing :P

So afew words from me about our trip so far,  have been absolutely loving it! All of mine and simons hard work saving and planning our trip has been paying off big time! So far I have dropped down the grades to work on my onsighting, so have mainly been doing climbs up to and around 6b. I think this has been the best thing I have done for my climbing so far, as it helps you get used to reading the rock and just fully commiting to moves when you really have no idea if they will be the right moves and whether they will work or not! plus its loads of fun :) I have ticked more climbs since being away then I have the entire time I have been climbing! When you onsight a climb you just have to trust your insticts and its a great feeling when your clipping that belay knowing your instincts where right :) admittedly I have also made it hard for myself on some climbs by misreading moves, but I have also learnt alot from this! its all good


We have met some really awesome people 2, everyone is super friendly.
The guy that owns wildside is an amazing guy, he is a physiotherapist and eastern medicine practioner who works in norway and lives in the mountains of sella, what a dream his life is! As you can imagine we had plenty to talk about he's a fascinating person who also has an amazing dog, a chocolate brown belgium shepherd called mambo! :) I have also met so many cool dogs!! I really want a dog :P I met a dog at wildside yesterday who's owner had dreaded some of its fur behind its ears! it was super cute :)
We also met a guy called Espen in sella who needed a belay so he spent the day with us, it was only his 4th time climbing outside, he did so well leading afew climbs I had put the quickdraws up on and said it was his best day climbing ever! So we were super stoked to have helped him have a fun day!

All in all lovin the sun, climbing, people and the doggies! Oh and the cats, lots of cute cats! Hope your all good and well, more posts to come from me soon so watch this space!

Much Love
Lucy

2 comments:

  1. You 2 are certainly doing what most people only dream and talk about. Enjoy the moments have fun but take care. mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so good to hear you are having fun, I'm very very jealous indeed! Hope to see you somewhere on your travels!!

    Lorraine xXx

    ReplyDelete