Wednesday 9 February 2011

I'm just climbing beautiful rock, and trying to climb it beautifully

Hey!

Having an amazing time over here, the weather is great and the climbing is even better! Moving up the grades nice and steadily and have been climbing some really amazing fun lines! Have had the most fun this week! We have bumped into a couple from bristol who are also over here staying in Sella, Jason & Claire, me and claire are working the same stuff and the guys are working the same
stuff so we're having a great time helping each other out :) Me and claire have done a book swap, I have lent her girl on the rocks and she has lent me the rock warriors way. Both great inspirational books! I started reading the rock warriors way this morning and its great so far, it is written in a kinda corny way but I really recommend it. Alot if it rings true, I certainly see it helping me with my climbing and being a better person in general.

My favourite climb so far is con las manos en la cosa at the culo de rino section at Sella. Its a 6c which is apparently hard for the grade although I didnt find it to bad, on my first attempt I got half way through the crux but came off and then after working the crux a couple of times I sent it. Its basically 6a climbing either side of a crimpy steep boulder problem, was pretty awesome! Gave a 6c+ a go yesterday and really enjoyed it, there is a real nice 6a to the right of it that shares the same belay so went up the 6a and when lowering off checked out the moves of the 6c+. The crux is very thin on sharp crimps with teeny tiny foot holds! Gave the moves a play and was able to link the section I thought might be a problem, seemed OK so put the quickdraws up and went for the lead. Got past the point that I thought would stop me on my first red point attempt but then came off above it! typical :P Didnt attempt it again that day as the holds are super sharp but wanna go back and send it this week!

We are still staying in Sella so have been there for quite a while now, we absolutely love it and although have planned to move on pretty soon we arent really in any rush to move on. We have met some really great people in this area and the car park next the the refugio is really starting to feel like home!

Tala is a little treat so far, I really can't complain! Not to tempt fate or anything but she is quiet and well behaved and absolutely loves people! People who meet her at the crag always say how beautiful she is and give her loads of attention which she loves! She's a little tart really :) We've got to take her to the vet in the morning for her blood test following her rabies injection then back to Sella for some more sending and fun!

Take care everyone! Much love, Lucy xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment