Tuesday 1 February 2011

Our new doggy Companion! Tala! :)

Hey Every1!

So a bit more about whats been going on over here.....

I have carried on working on volume and building my endurance, I have had so much fun doing this and the climbing is feeling easier and easier! All is becoming much more fluid and feeling very natural. The plan is carry on as I am for now whilst we are in sella, there's about a million more climbs I wanna tick while we're there

for the next week or so, then we are off 2 Gandia again for about 5 days, cannot wait! Theres a 7a there that inspired me the moment I saw it, it starts really steep and eases as height is gained, looks like a strength and endurance fest 2 me, it looks AWESOME! so my plan is boulder it out on the first day, then redpoint it and hopefully send it before we leave. I would hope 2 send it sooner than the last day we're there but its not like anything I've climbed before so we'll see! I'm just stoked about trying it, and whether I get it or not, I'm certainly gonna enjoy trying it!

In other exciting, VERY exciting news, we are getting a doggy!!!! May seem random that we have decided 2 get a dog now, however me and simon have always talked about getting a dog and now seemed the right time. We met a lovely couple that live in Sella called Jayne and Ryan, I was talking to Jayne about wanting a dog and she said that there are so many abandoned dogs in spain it might be a good idea to visit some dog shelters. The first shelter we visited was a disaster, We emailed first and the reply we got was back in english and said visit whenever you like to walk a dog etc, but when we arrived nobody spoke english so we found despite our efforts we could not communicate and were told we couldnt walk a dog, it was also a horrible place, I literally wanted to cry the whole time we were there, it felt like a prison for those poor dogs, they all looked so sad! After having no joy there and feeling depressed for about 2 days after the experience we decided 2 try again. This time we went to the dog shelter in benidorm and it was so much nicer! Although it is still sad to see so many homeless dogs the dogs seemed much happier. When walking around some piercing blue eyes jumped out at me from one of the kennels, a stunning dog with really unusual features. Her fur is brown with dark brown markings almost like tiger stripes. I think she is a nordic breed crossed with an alsatian, her coat looks short but is very thick and she has the coolest fluffy tail! She is amazing!! her temperment is perfect I knew she was the one! As Simon loved her 2 we decided 2 get her! I knew a name that means 'little wolf' which is Tala, so that is her name! We had 2 wait 4 days for test results to make sure she was healthy and now we have been given the all clear! We went and walked her today and she loved it, she was energetic and fun but also calm, she didnt bark once shes such a good dog! She is now ours and we pick her up on Saturday! :)




So we're back off into the mountains of Sella now for some more sending in the sun before we pick up Tala on saturday! Take care everyone

Much Love Lucy

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww Tala looks lush but can she climb?

    ReplyDelete